Saturday, January 30, 2010

Time with Beth - Point 4

"I'm a resident alien, seeking direction, in deep want of wonder, in peril and need..."

Ps. 119:25-28: I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Have you ever just felt laid low? Like you were never going to be able get up again? I have. And this point that Beth made was so good for me.  She said that we were all laid low in the dust (all come from dust and to dust all return. Ecc. 3:20).....until God breathed life into man. That is such a profound thought. And when we feel laid low in life, we must call on God to breathe life back into us! Psalm 119:107 says "I have suffered much..."  Say it to God. Tell Him how you feel that you have suffered much and then let Him breathe life back into you.

Yesterday I was listening to another teaching CD from Beth Moore called My Determined Purpose. In the beginning she was talking about how there is nothing like this Book, the Bible. She quoted 2 Timothy 3:16 "For all Scripture is God breathed and useful for...." and then paused and said, "We need to inhale! If God is going to breathe, we need to INHALE!" I so loved that comment. Don't you just want to inhale the very words of Christ? They are life. When we are laid low, God's Word breathes life back into us.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

A timely word for me today, to be sure. Laid low explains it perfectly.