Friday, September 5, 2008

Wall of Quotes Part 2

It's time once again to remove some sticky notes from my wall.

"Better the storm with Christ than smooth waters without Him." Streams in the Desert 8/28

"The One who is in me is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

"This then is how we know that we belong to truth and how we set our hearts at rest in His presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts and He knows everything." 1 John 3:19, 20

"Profess daily that you will see the evidence of His gracious hand. " Beth Moore from Ps. 27:13

"Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke, I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into deserts, their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst." Isaiah 50:2

"pursue....righteousness, godliness, faith , love, endurance, and gentleness." 1 Timothy 6:11

"Prayer changes me and then I change things." Oswald Chambers

"The man who loves God is known by God." 1 Corinthians 8:5

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Quotes are great! Someday, I hope people will quote me...oh, wait...a friend did just recently. She wrote my statement down and is now using it unabashedly. It was something like:
"In my twenties, I knew everything. Now I am appalled at how absolutely stupid I am." I hope it doesn't become totally famous until after I am dead! Ha!