Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Psalm of Security

My heart is secure in You, Lord.

I do not need to fear. You hem me in behind and before.

You have laid Your hand upon me.

Your eyes look at me and Your ear is attentive to my cry.

I lie down and sleep in peace, for You, Lord, keep me safe. In the morning, You hear my voice as I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation to hear from You.

You spread Your protection over me and surround me with Your favor like a shield. You are my shield, Oh God Most High.

When I feel oppressed, You are my refuge; In times of trouble my stronghold. You even keep me safe and protect me when others oppress me.

You are right beside me - my right hand man - so my body rests secure.

When my heart is broken in a million pieces and my spirit feels crushed, You are closer to me than ever and You help me.

You are my defender.

You command Your angels to guard me in all my ways.

You are my deliverer who shields my head in this battle called life.

I wait in hope for You, Lord. You are my help and my shield.
My heart rejoices because I have You to trust in.

Psalm 112:8; 139:5; 34:15; 4:8; 5:3,11,12; 7:10; 9:9; 12:5-7; 16:8,9; 34:18; 72:4; 119:11; 114:7; 3:3; 20:21



No comments: