Monday, December 26, 2011

All Things Bright and Merry

I am in a season of life right now where it would be much easier to title this blog post,

 "All Things Dim and Dreary."

But, I have two choices here, dim and dreary or bright and merry. I just happen to be of the mind set right now, to choose the latter. Two hours from now, it might be different.

So while my heart feels cautious, my mind is swirling...freely thinking of...of stuff. Some I can share. Some I cannot.

And while I really am not one to post a lot of pictures of my house, or rather I should say my home, it is one of the bright and merry's in my life. I am a nester. I love making my home homey. I like clean and uncluttered whenever possible. I like to change things around...a lot. 






















My heart is at home. Even now.

Because True Peace is the ruler of my heart. Not circumstances.

And these help...


...friends...who love and care and send texts and cards and good cheer. Because showing compassion is important to them and it makes me feel, for at least a moment in time, bright and merry.


And family...my parents, my sisters, my sisters-in-love and parents by marriage. They are bright and merry and loving and caring. And too far away, I might add. But, distance or not, their presence is known and they have held my heart.

But nothing would be bright and merry without the astounding grace and love of my children...my gifts from an all-knowing God who creatively knit each one of them together perfectly, to be exactly who they are in the most difficult of times. They are truly amazing. Rocks. Faithful. Relentless in their convictions. Full of grace and mercy, even when undeserved. (But then again, grace and mercy would not be grace and mercy if we deserved it. Just a side note.) In this world, I love no one more. 


 Corbin, Christiana, and Ross


Elise and her husband, Matt


While wrapping gifts Christmas Eve night, I decided to watch the movie, Little Women. It was perfect...I loved it so much. Jo, in the beginning narration, makes this catching statement...

"Somehow in that dark time, our family,the March family, seemed to create it's own light."

Maybe a part of that is true for us...somehow in this dark time, my family, the Moslander family, seems to create it's own light. Not because we are super great, sufficient people who have strength in ourselves to see ourselves through but because we know the true Light of this world. The One who said...

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."(John 16:33)

I might just rephrase that like this...

Sometimes life is dim and dreary. But take heart, He is


Bright and Merry.











8 comments:

Marissa said...

great post, robin! merry christmas to you all! your home looks so beautiful. i plan to read little women during this break from school- i love that movie, too! here's to bright and merry. hugs!

Unknown said...

Love you, my fellow nester

Elise said...

Love this. You are a nester... Must be where I get it from :) And I'm so honored to be a part of your life- dim and dreary or bright and merry!

pearl1961 said...

I loved this, Robin...and I LOVE you!

Dawn said...

I love who you are, Robin. Warmth and beauty flow from you. You are home to your children. You are the place God calls home.

Anonymous said...

My belief in what God will do in and through you, no matter what it looks like now - is positively unwavering. It is my one sure belief!

{jeanie} said...

My belief in what God will do in and through you, no matter what it looks like now - is positively unwavering. It is my one sure belief!

Miller Family said...

Oh I miss you Robin...fellow nester :) I am also a nester! Home is so important and such an anchor for our kids. I am praying for you and glad that you can make the DECISION to be bright and merry :) Sometimes it is that...a decision! Take care and I would love to connect sometime :) Alisa