Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happiness is.....

This....


This is my little sweet spot. My morning meeting place. My, "no intruders please," haven.

I settle things here. When life happens, this is where I go. If I could bottle all the thinking I have done in this part of my world, I would have thousands... of bottles that is. Not money.

I talk with the One and Only Solver of Problems here.

I read the Manual for all of life's issues here.

And I write.

Letters. Journals. Notes. Scripture.

Some of them end up here....



It makes me happy to see these. And other sweet things that make me happy find their way here. Like this....



What heart can't be happy when you see a handwritten note, given by your 17 year old son, stuck in the very spot that he knows you will be to see it.

Happiness!

Funny how a certain place, just a hole in the wall kind of spot, can bring such thoughts of happiness. But it is true. Where there is peace, there is joy. And, there is only one true Peace in this world and that is why I go to this spot.

I find my Joy there.

And He sees me there.




"The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him."
II Chronicles 16:9 NLT




1 comment:

Unknown said...

"i settle things here"...i know what that means. we all need a place to just. settle. things. get up, move on. it's settled. love ya, my friend :)