Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I needed this today...maybe you do too.

One lost, little sticky note appeared on my desk today. I am assuming it lost it's grip and landed precisely where my eyes would fall since I needed to see this today.

"Don't be afraid; nothing under His control can ever be out of control." Rick Warren

I am doing a Bible study with three other women. Our first meeting we all confessed that fear is something all of us deal with. I was a bit surprised because I thought I was the only one who had anything to fear. Everyone else's lives seem to be all put together. I was wrong. Our fears were all different but very real to each of us. So, I encourage you today with this quote from Rick Warren. If you are afraid of anything, don't be. Nothing under His control can ever be out of control. Thank goodness.

After thought: It just dawned on me that the key here is making sure the thing we fear is truly under His control. Otherwise...it usually is out of control. My very favorite verse for giving God control and relinquishing mine - from the Amplified 2 Timothy 1:12:

"And this is why I am suffering as I do. Still I am not ashamed, for I know - I perceive, have knowledge of and am acquainted with - Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on), and I am [positively] persuaded that He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me and which I have committed [to Him], until that day."

He guards it. He guards that thing which I commit to him. He isn't unaware. He isn't sitting back thinking I've asked enough. No...He is guarding that which I've committed to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I love this assurance from Psalm 121.3
"He who watches over you will not let your foot slip, he who watches over your will not slumber."

he doesn't sleep, so i can!