Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just thinkin about dreading

Why is it that thinking about the things you dread consumes one more than thinking about the good? I have a very active mind, one that thinks continually. I really don't mind it for the most part, but I do hate that when I am dreading something, I can't stop the thinking. That is when I wish it would just shut down. The good thing about dread is that, once the thing you dread is over, your mind can live again. Two things have my mind dreading today; live radio (yes, live, as in I talk to the DJ while on the air) and taxes.

Once a month or so, it is my turn to do the live radio spot for our RE office. It has now been almost two years that I have had to do this and I still wake up the morning of and dread it. So for 6 hours in the morning I dread something that is over in 90 seconds. It is like the day begins again for me as soon as I am done. I want to go out and celebrate from the pressure relief. It makes me want sugar!



Now taxes on the other hand only have to be faced once a year. The gathering of info that is. For as orderly and organized as I like my life, taxes seem exempt from it. So today is the day, set aside since I planned my week on Monday, that I am going to search and compile all those little receipts and notes and paid bills and put to rest the dread. Then I really am going to have some sugar!



"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellant or praiseworthy - think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes-dread!

It is true that we make small things monumental, but somehow cannot seem to do that with the good stuiff. What is up with that?

Like what if we got so grateful for our husbands or kids or blessings that we just could NOT quit thinking about them? How would that change everything?