Saturday, November 12, 2011

Going on a Bear Hunt

Life is like going on a bear hunt.


We're goin' on a bear hunt,

We're going to catch a big one,

I'm not scared

What a beautiful day!

Oh look! It's some long wavy grass... 

Oh look! It's a mushroom patch....

Oh look! It's a wide river...

Oh look! It's a deep dark cave...

Sometimes on your journey, you get to enjoy the long, wavy grass. Othertimes, it's a deep dark cave.

Like this old, nursery rhyme says...

Can't go over it
Can't go under it
Can't go around it
Ya gotta go through it.

It may be dark. It may be scary. It may be cold and creepy in the deep dark cave.

But you gotta go through it.

And I am not afraid.

He's got my back...

...for the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard. Isaiah 52:12

He takes my hand...

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

He is with me always...

When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, your will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.Isaiah 43:2




3 comments:

Marissa said...

I like this. Goin' on a bear hunt indeed, but never alone!

j said...

God is in your future. He is already there, hard as it seems to believe. I know it.

Dawn said...

Yes. Good.