Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's me again....

It has been way too long since I posted a blog. It's not been for lack of profound thoughts :) or crafty ideas. It was for two other reasons:

1. I had a virus that was nearly impossible to fix. We thought it was fixed but it was affecting other strange things on my computer, like my blog. I could not post.

2. I had a bit of self-awareness that I wanted to check. I love the blog world. I love to write. I love to read. But not long ago, I picked up a Martha Stewart magazine that nearly put me over the edge. One of the first pages I read was "Martha's Calendar." After reading everything from the day she was picking her plums to the day she would clean out her linen closet, I thought to myself, "I really don't care, Martha." She listed stuff that she was doing that seemed ludicrous and to be quite frank, very self promoting. I just don't think she is that important that she should think everyone cares what she is doing on Sept. 8th, 20th or any other day. It made me think of some things I had blogged in the past and I wondered, do people read my blog and think, "I really don't care, Robin. Your really not that important." I hope not. It was never my intention when I began blogging, to be self promoting. I just wanted a place to write and share some photos with family and friends. And so, I decided to take a break from the blog world for a while and do some introspection.

With that said, can I just say, I miss posting. So if I ever come across in a way that makes you want to stop reading, please do. I won't be offended. Some things I write, I write for my family who lives far away and loves to see my weirdness in writing. Other things I write, I write to just practice writing. Blogging is free and I don't need a publisher so I use it to pretend I am a writer. Most of what I write, I write because I just feel like sharing and I don't mean anything by it. Like now. Right now I am going to share with you some of The Dumbest Things Ever!

but I really can't help myself. So here, once again, are some Random Thoughts by Robin:

Random thought #1
  • A few days ago, I texted my friend and said, "I am going to the grocery store in hot pink, velour sweat pants. If I saw me, I would be saying to myself, 'she shouldn't be out of the house in those.'" Oh but I was. And, I crossed paths with a woman while in the grocery store in my hot pink, velour sweat pants  and she nearly ran into me because she was staring at my pants. I knew instantly what she was thinking. I wanted to tell her I understand but all I could say was, "I'm sorry." I meant I was sorry for running into her cart. I think she thought I was saying I'm sorry for wearing my hot pink, velour swear pants. I probably should have been.
Just in case you would like to stare also, here are my hot pink, velour sweat pants:



Random thought #2

  • I love my mornings. I NEVER, unless I absolutely have to, get in the shower until I have had about two hours to sit, think, drink coffee and read my Bible. As usual one dark morning last week, I rattled together the coffee to perk, then made my way back up the stairs to my office, with coffee in hand. I'm not usually bright eyed and bushy tailed at this point in my day but upon entrance into my most holy place, something came flying out of nowhere and brightened my eyes and bushed my tail right into a tailspin.  I so didn't want to spill my fresh cup of coffee so I managed a loud scream while setting my cup safely down on my desk upon which I screamed again and scrammed to the hallway. At this point, all three people who were sleeping, were in the hallway with me wanting to know what in the heck was going on! "Well," I said, "there is a bird in my office." Yes. It was a bird. Christiana saved the day for me. She is the Bird Whisperer, you know. As I stood in the hallway hating that my coffee was getting cold, Christiana was in the office talking gently to the bird which eventually flew out the window she had opened for it and coaxed there.
I think this is what the bird looked like but I'm not really sure. I was too busy screaming and trying to find a safe place for my coffee.



Random thought #3

  • I love make-up. Always have. Always will. So I am going to share the funnest make-up I have bought in the longest time (remember, these are random thoughts):

White, black, pink and silver, CREAMY, eye shadow. It was so much fun to wear. And yes, I will be 46 years old in two months and I don't care if Oprah thinks you shouldn't wear creamy eye shadow because it creases. My eyes looked fabulous, if I do say so myself. (This is one of those moments you may want to say, "I don't really care, Robin." It's ok. You can.) But for the rest of you, here is a picture of my creamy eye.


and another.....



Random thought #4
  • Joe and I decided to paint my office/his new art place a bright orange. We were looking for a color that sparks creative juices. It felt a little overwhelming at first but now I love it. Hoping to do some other decorating in here but for now, I'm happy as a clam.



Joe is going to finish all four children's paintings and we will hang them up in our new, orange office/art room.

Well that is probably enough on the random thoughts from yours truly. It's nice to be back. Maybe next time, hopefully soon, I will post something that requires a little more intelligence.

BTW...comments are always fun. If you stop by and read this random post, it would be great to hear from you.

Heart you all,
Robin






3 comments:

Unknown said...

you had me at the pink pants :) luv you, girlie :)

Dawn said...

I hope you wore the pink eye shaddow with your pink pants ;)

{jeanie} said...

ROBIN! You are back. I must admit to having given up some hope there for awhile!

I know what you mean about blogging. MY intended audience are my mom and my kids, but also knowing there are others.

I was somewhat dismayed when some one I haven't seen for 30 years "found me" and said she read straight through for 2 1/2 hours before she knew I wasn't totally perfect. I was like: Yuck! That is SOOOOOoooooo not the case. Not at all. Then it made me feel like I must be a great big fraud, ya know?

But blogging does make room for just saying whatever the heck. I posted twice yesterday. One was deeply painful, one was good memories. Both were true for me for the same day. Just who we are.

KEEP posting!